Old versionsSee all
RightNote can help you not only write notes but also organize them. The program has a nicely designed interface allowing you to use various masks. However, due to the enormous amount of features that have been packed into this application, it may take some time before you can use this application without difficulty.
The basic containing unit for your notes is called a notebook and it is saved as a separate file that you can share with others or move to another machine. These notebooks can have multiple pages and each page in turn contains a hierarchical tree storing multiple notes. This type of organization lets you create pages associated with different categories; therefore, you will hardly ever need to create more than one notebook.
The program lets you create different types of notes, such as standard text, spreadsheets and syntax highlighting. In addition, it has powerful built-in word-processing features supporting text formatting, layouts, tables, images and objects. The spreadsheet mode allows you to use formulas, as in Microsoft Excel.
Notes can be found easily by not only browsing the tree you have created but also performing full-text searches and adding tags to your notes. Moreover, notes or complete notebooks can be protected by password using strong encryption algorithms.
In general, RightNote is an excellent application having practically everything that is necessary for proper note taking and keeping. It has various editions of the same program, which support different features, and one of them is completely free.
- It has a nice interface
- It allows multi-page notebooks
- It lets you find notes easily
- It supports various types of notes
- It supports word-processing and spreadsheet features
- It supports images and OLE objects
- It lets you protect your notes
- It allows sharing your notes easily
- Due to the enormous amount of features that have been packed into this application, it may take some time before you can use this application without difficulty